Saturday, January 24, 2015

Prague & Budapest- Day 8/9- In Which We Bathe (And Drink Boar's Blood)

Leading up to the trip and so far on it, I had been hemming & hawing about whether or not I wanted to do the baths. I am not a spa person, I don't like baths in a bathtub or in a communal hot springs setting, but I was conflicted because doing the baths is one of those things you do in Budapest... slightly cliche, but I hate missing something like that. Brennan was a great sport and said he would come with me to do them, so on Saturday we got up and walked down to the XX baths.

Mitch went up the hill in the meantime and met us outside so we could continue together the rest of the day. After we met back up, headed to a market hall on the other side of the river.




When we got back up to the hotel, we tried to go to this cool wine bar underneath the hotel but unforunately they couldn't accommodate us.  Headed to 3/3 of the restaurant group on the hill, sat outside, had,small plates & drank Bikaver wine, otherwise known as Boars Blood and something Hungary is known for. Hard to believe we had to head to bed early to get up for our flight the next morning!

On Sunday, we caught a 7am flight from Budapest through Paris and back to DC. What a trip and the best way to celebrate landmark birthdays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment